1. Personal Information
Personal information is information about a living individual, and is specified by name, date of birth and other descriptions included in the information, numbers and symbols attached to each individual, other codes, images or sounds (including those that cannot be identified by the information alone, but can be easily compared with other information to identify a specific individual). Furthermore, personal information includes not only information that can identify an individual, but also all information that represents facts, judgments, and evaluations regarding personal attributes such as physical appearance, property, occupation, and title.
2. Acquisition and use of personal information
TAIYO will acquire and use the acquired personal information to the extent necessary for the following purposes. When using personal information beyond the scope of the following purposes, TAIYO will obtain the consent of the person in advance by an appropriate method.
1. To provide the services provided by TAIYO (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”)
2. To improve and ameliorate the contents of the Services, or to develop new services
3. For information on new features, updates, promotions, etc. of the Services and other services provided by TAIYO (including sending e-mails, leaflets, and other direct mail)
4. To contact users as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
5. To respond to inquiries from users (including corporations) of the Services upon conducting identity verification.
6. To report the usage status of this Services to users
7. To request for cooperation in surveys and interviews related to the Services, including request to participate in various events, and to report the results, etc.
8. To investigate and analyze the usage history of the Services, etc., and use the results to improve and develop the Services and to distribute advertisements
9. To analyze the acquired browsing history, purchase history, and other information in order to distribute advertisements related to new products and services that match the interests and preferences of users
10. To identify users who have violated the Terms of Service or who attempt to use the Services for illegal or unjust purposes, and to deny their access.
3. Management and protection of personal information
TAIYO will strictly manage personal information and will not disclose or provide data to third parties without the consent of users, except in the following cases. In addition, considering safety, TAIYO will take measures to prevent and correct risks such as unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of personal information.
1. When it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
2. When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
3. When it is necessary to cooperate with government agencies, local authorities, or a person entrusted by them in carrying out the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned poses risk of interference with the execution of the affairs
4. When the third party concerned is an academic research institution, etc. and the third party needs to handle the personal data for academic research purposes (part of the purpose of handling the personal data is academic research purposes, except in cases where there is a risk of unjustly infringing on the rights and interests of individuals)
5. When outsourcing all or part of handling the personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use in order to perform business more effectively
6. When personal information is provided along with business succession due to merger or other reasons
7. When personal information is jointly used with a specific person and to that effect, the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of joint users, the purpose of use, and the name and address of the person responsible for the management of the personal information and, in the case of a corporation, its representative (if it is an organization, it would be the representative or administrator), the person concerned must be notified in advance or brought to the attention of the person concerned at best effort.
8. Other cases permitted by law
4. Consignment of handling of personal information
TAIYO may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In this case, TAIYO will thoroughly examine the eligibility of the subcontractor, stipulate matters related to confidentiality obligations in the contract, and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the subcontractor.
In addition, TAIYO may jointly use all or part of the acquired personal information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information enacted by the Government of Japan.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
When the person concerned requests disclosure of his/her own personal information or records related to the provision of his/her own personal information to a third party, TAIYO will disclose it to the person concerned without delay. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, TAIYO may not disclose all or part of it, and if TAIYO decides not to disclose it, TAIYO will notify the person concerned without delay.
1. When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
2. When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of TAIYO’s business
3. In the case of other violations of laws and ordinances
6. Correction and deletion of personal information
If the personal information held by TAIYO is incorrect, TAIYO will correct or delete the personal information according to the procedure specified by TAIYO at the request of the person himself/herself.
If TAIYO receives a request from the person concerned and determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, TAIYO will correct or delete the personal information and notify the person concerned without delay.
7. Suspension of use of personal information
If the person concerned requests suspension of use or erasure (including suspension of provision to a third party, hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”) for reasons stipulated in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information enacted by the Government of Japan, TAIYO will conduct the necessary investigation without delay. Based on the results, TAIYO will conduct suspension of use, etc. of personal information to the extent necessary and notify the person concerned to that effect.
However, in cases where suspension of use, etc. of personal information requires heavy spending or other cases in which it is difficult to perform suspension of use, etc., and where necessary alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the individual, TAIYO will take this alternative measure.
8. Basic policy on security control measures
1. In order to establish and continuously improve a security management system for personal information, TAIYO will clarify the risks of personal information using established procedures and implement appropriate risk countermeasures.
2. TAIYO will clearly define roles and responsibilities for security and management of personal information.
3. TAIYO will conduct education and training activities to all managers, employees and related parties in order to make them aware of their responsibility to maintain the security of personal information.
4. TAIYO will monitor and record the implementation of security management system for personal information. TAIYO will set and achieve security objectives for personal information, conduct regular internal audits and management reviews to increase the reliability of operation and continue to make improvements.
5. In the unlikely event that a security problem related to personal information occurs, TAIYO will immediately investigate the cause to minimize the damage and strive to ensure business continuity.
6. TAIYO will comply with laws and regulations, other social norms, and contracts with customers regarding personal information and its handling.
10.Compliance with Laws and Regulations
TAIYO will comply with Japanese laws and regulations and other norms that apply to the personal information retained.
11. Responding to Complaints and Inquiry
TAIYO will respond appropriately and promptly to complaints and inquiries received from users regarding the handling of personal information.
In addition, TAIYO will respond promptly and appropriately to requests by the person concerned for disclosure (including disclosure of records related to provision of his/her own personal information to third parties), correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use or provision, etc. of his/her own personal information.
12. Handling of cookies
Users can refuse the function by disabling cookies, therefore please check the browser settings. Please see the Google Analytics Terms of Service page and the Google Policy and Terms page for more information.
13. Contact us
Please contact the following for inquiries regarding TAIYO’s handling of personal information.
<Customer Service >
9F Fuji Building, 5-30-9 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0014